Potatoes cooked in tomatoes and chillies. Spice up your meal with this easy to make dry potato recipe that you can cook for a casual lunch at home. Pair with chapati along with some curd for a whole meal. This is a delicious, flavourful sabzi that the kids would also love to relish.
Ingredients Of Spicy Potato
- 4 Medium potatoes
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 3-4 green chillies
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- 1 small ginger, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
How to Make Spicy Potato
- 1.Boil, cool and peel the potatoes. Dice them into small pieces.
- 2.Boil, cool and peel the tomatoes and grind to a fine puree.
- 3.Finely chop onions and three to four green chillies.
- 4.Dry roast coriander, cumin and sesame seeds. Allow it to cool and grind.
- 5.Blend garlic, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, water and salt to a fine paste.
- 6.Heat oil, add chopped onions and tomato puree , cook on low heat. Then add the coriander garlic paste and saute for some time.
- 7.As the fat starts separating, add the potatoes and two heaped teaspoons of the dry masala (coriander, cumin and sesame that has been dry roasted and ground earlier)
- 8.When the potatoes are cooked, serve hot.