Current Electoral College seats won:
– States remaining to be called with Electoral College votes are: Georgia (16), Nevada (6), Pennsylvania (20), North Carolina (15), Alaska (3).
– Michigan has been called by AP for Biden, bringing him to 264 electoral college votes, just six shy of the winning 270. Which is exactly what’s on offer in Nevada, where Biden is around 8,000 votes up with 86% of votes counted. Nevada is not expected to report final numbers until Thursday morning.
– Pennsylvania expects to have most ballots counted by Friday. Trump leads by 2.6% with 89% of votes reported, but the remaining votes to be counted are expected to favour Biden.
– Trump says he’s filing lawsuits to attempt to halt the routine ballot count in Pennsylvania and Michigan, and he’s demanding a recount in Wisconsin, where he’s lost by around 1%. That request would cost $3 million as the margin isn’t tight enough to really require a recount
– Result from Georgia expected by Thursday morning with Pennsylvania, North Carolina to take longer
– Trump is up in Georgia (by 0.5% with 95% reported) and Alaska (by 30% with 56% reported but remaining mail-in ballots to be counted next week)
– Biden says he’s “on track to win this election” but quickly points out he’s not claiming he’s won it, something Trump did in a shameful speech last night, in which he baselessly cast doubt on the integrity of the election
– Twitter warns against Trump tweets which falsely claim foul play over continued ballot counting “they are finding Biden votes all over the place”
– Biden: “To make progress, we have to stop treating our opponents as enemies. We are not enemies.”
– Republicans likely to retain the Senate, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wins re-election in Kentucky, while minority Democrat congresswomen “The Squad” all win