These vegetables are not cultivated separately in any land. However, in the fields and ghats of rural Bengal, on the banks of the ponds, on the roadside lands, this Bathua or Betho vegetable grows carelessly. At one time this vegetable was available only in winter. But nowadays betho vegetables are available almost all year round. This vegetable is rich in Vitamin A, C, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Amino Acids, Phosphorus, Zinc. Let’s find out some amazing medicinal properties of Bathua or Betho spinach …
1) If any part of the skin gets burnt or blisters due to hot water, gently apply betho shak bet on that part. You will see that the skin irritation will decrease quickly.
2) If you have a sore on the face, if you can chew betho vegetables or cook it lightly, the sore will heal quickly.
3) Does it irritate during urination? Then mix 2 teaspoons of cumin powder and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice with it and try making betel nut. Drinking this drink at least twice a day will eliminate this problem.
4) If you have kidney stones, you can get 1 cup of betho vegetable juice every day.
5) Betho spinach is very effective in curing skin problems like whiteness!
6) Betho vegetables are very useful to eliminate bile, liver problems or colon problems.